FBAR Lawyer

If you haven’t reported foreign assets in the past, we’re here for you. Our experienced FBAR lawyers will help you make sense of your options, guide you safely through the disclosure process, and give you back your peace of mind.

FBAR and Offshore Disclosure Services

Filing Offshore Disclosure Forms:

We can help you file for the current year, amend previously filed forms, or determine whether you need to file any offshore disclosure forms.

Delinquent Forms and Amnesty Programs:

We’ll help you understand your options and guide you through the entire process!

Resolve FBAR problems in 3 easy steps

Several amnesty programs exist for those who are delinquent in filing the FBAR, FATCA, and other offshore disclosure forms. Our experienced FBAR lawyers have submitted more than 100 streamlined disclosure applications with a 100% success rate. We’ll make the process simple and stress-free from start to finish!

  1. See if you qualify for any FBAR amnesty programs
  2. Gather the required paperwork, including statements from your offshore accounts, and get ready to file
  3. We’ll submit your application for FBAR amnesty and provide clear guidance until the process is complete!


Stop living in fear of the IRS. We’re here to help! Contact an experienced FBAR lawyer today.

Contact Gordon Law Group

Submit your information to schedule a confidential consultation, or call us at (847) 580-1279

What can an FBAR lawyer do for you?

Our skilled FBAR attorneys are here to help with all forms of foreign asset disclosures, whether you’re filing for this year or correcting past years.

First, we’ll help you choose your course of action: Streamlined Offshore Disclosure, the Voluntary Disclosure Program (VDP), or other avenues. Choosing the right path can save you thousands in IRS penalties!

We’ll also complete your foreign disclosure for you, filling out all your paperwork and speaking to the IRS on your behalf. We make the process easy and stress-free so you can go back to living your life. So far, we’ve completed more than 100 streamlined disclosures with no errors or rejections!

Full service FBAR & foreign disclosure attorneys

We’ll develop your custom disclosure plan and make the process ridiculously easy for you.

Our service includes:

  • Gathering your FBAR filing documents (including those issued by foreign governments)
  • Completing all of your paperwork
  • Crafting your foreign asset disclosure narrative
  • Speaking to IRS examiners on your behalf


Plus, we can complete your tax returns with FBARs or other foreign disclosure forms going forward to ensure you never have this problem again!

Stressing over the IRS? FBAR lawyers can help

Procrastination doesn’t pay; the sooner you square away your foreign disclosure obligations, the less stress and FBAR penalties you’ll have. Let us help. Schedule your confidential consultation today!

  • Assess holdings and craft a compliant filing plan that’s as favorable to you as possible
  • Work out plans to file FBAR reports for previous years
  • Negotiate settlements with the IRS
  • Save money by leveraging every provision and tax position at your disposal

FBAR lawyers with extensive disclosure experience

Gordon Law Group is one of the few firms with extensive FBAR experience; we’ve seen and solved countless related matters. If you’ve failed to report foreign holdings on past tax disclosures accurately—or it’s your first time filing taxes with overseas holdings—we’re here to make sure things go smoothly. Our team has successfully helped hundreds of people just like you. The process is typically a lot less painful than imagined.

We negotiate with the IRS

If you don’t know if you need to file, or what you need to disclose, our tax team is here to help. If you’re being audited or the IRS has already targeted you for not filing an FBAR, we can take the reins, handle the negotiations, and guide you safely to the other side of your tax dilemma.

Our attorneys have a great deal of tax litigation and criminal tax law experience. We can advise you on everything associated with making a voluntary disclosure and filing an FBAR.

If an IRS auditor contacts you, having attorneys with extensive experience on your side is invaluable. We can work with IRS investigators, and our tax law knowledge can shift the odds in your favor.

We know exactly what you should say in response to an IRS investigator’s questions, so get in touch today to begin the conversation. A confidential consultation with our experienced FBAR lawyers could ultimately save you money, time, and considerable hassles.

Ask an FBAR lawyer

Who is required to file an FBAR?

Anybody with $10,000 or more in foreign holdings—bank accounts, business transactions, investment dividends, etc.—must file an annual FBAR form along with their tax return. Learn more about FBAR filing requirements here.

Must I pay taxes on foreign earnings, even if I’m living overseas?

Yes. The United States government taxes all citizens on all earnings, even if it comes from other parts of the world—whether from foreign properties, online business income, or an international asset, you must report it to the IRS.

How much tax must I pay on foreign gains?

This depends on several factors. Contact an FBAR lawyer who can guide you through the process and determine a solution for your situation.

What is the penalty for not submitting an annual FBAR filing?

Failing to file FBAR can result in fines up to $250,000, 5 years in federal prison, or both. If you deliberately fail to comply, you’re also subject to a $100,000 fine or 50% of the account balance. In some instances, failing to file can also result in deportation.

Are there any opportunities for FBAR amnesty?

In some instances, yes, the IRS is willing to negotiate settlements. It’s recommended to work with an FBAR lawyer to improve your chances of securing amnesty agreements.

What is the difference between a noisy and quiet disclosure?

There are two different types of disclosure methods: “noisy” and “quiet.” “Noisy” voluntary disclosure means using one of the IRS’s dedicated programs to correct your taxes: either streamlined disclosures or the Voluntary Disclosure Procedure. Many FBAR cases are eligible for streamlined disclosures, which offer minimal penalties. Submitting a noisy voluntary disclosure can protect you from criminal prosecution.

For various reasons, some people opt for the “quiet voluntary disclosure” route: amending old tax returns without using an official IRS program. Though it may appear your best choice at first glance, quiet disclosure isn’t the wisest option in many cases. Officials tend to treat these types of respondents more harshly should issues arise.

Can I file my overseas financial disclosure on my own, without the help of an FBAR lawyer?

Every citizen can file their taxes and FBAR disclosures without help, but consider: Would an experienced attorney, who knows all the minutiae of how the process works, serve your interests better and possibly save you money in the long run? And remember, failing to file—or even filing erroneously—can land you in criminal trouble.

Can the IRS figure out if I’m avoiding FBAR filings?

Yes, it can. Banks in many countries will ask point-blank if you’re a US citizen, and if you say yes, they will report your information to the IRS. The agency can also track you down nearly anywhere in the world by using John Doe subpoenas and strategic resources.

What are the consequences of not filing foreign disclosures?

The consequences of not filing an annual FBAR disclosure can be seismic and costly. Learn more about FBAR penalties here. Consider working with an experienced FBAR lawyer to increase your chances of a favorable outcome.

Schedule a Confidential Consultation

Fill out this form to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our highly-skilled, aggressive attorneys to help you tackle any tax or legal problem.

Or, you can call us at

Contact Gordon Law Group

Submit your information to schedule a confidential consultation, or call us at (847) 580-1279